Thursday, December 15, 2011

When you use a debit card as credit does it check your balance?

I need to buy something and I have no money. I was wondering if I go into walmart and use my debit card as credit, will it go through? Or will they check the balance?|||With my experience, you won't be able to use it at all if you have no money in your account. It'll keep showing up "Balance not approved."|||they check the balance. no money in the bank, no dice. that's the thing with debit.|||LOL


Yes, it will verify you have the funds to purchase the items. No money = no items.





The card will come back declined, unless you have some sort of overdraft protection with your bank. Some banks let the charge go through, but will assess you an overdraft fee as if you wrote a bad check. That can add an additional $35 to $40 to your purchase and you have to pay it back to your bank in order to avoid having your account shut down and sent to Chex Systems, where you will not be able to open a bank account at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment