Thursday, December 8, 2011

What is the difference between a check card and a debit card?

I recently opened an account with Bank of America and found a card I like, but it is a check card and I have a debit card. There are no options for debit cards, so I'm wondering are they the same thing?|||I have a check card and asked the bank what the difference was and they said its the same as a debit card that some banks just have a different name for them. I also looked around on the internet some when I got it and found that every where i looked it was referred to either a debit or check card as the same card. Here is what I found on wikipedia.





A debit card (also known as a bank card or check card) is a plastic card that provides an alternative payment method to cash when making purchases. Functionally, it can be called an electronic cheque, as the funds are withdrawn directly from either the bank account, or from the remaining balance on the card.|||a debit card is used as a credit card as long u have money to cover it in your account,a cheque card is so you can write cheques to dealers and sellers|||yes they are. that is what you want. You could use a check card at more places because of the visa logo. It still comes out of your checking account.

No comments:

Post a Comment