Monday, December 12, 2011

How safe is it to use a debit card to make online purchases?

I used mine a lot, then got worried when my daughter had her account ripped off $100 at a time by a stolen Yahoo account. Yahoo was so good. They replaced her money and stopped the scam. But, it worried me so much that I hot carded my debit and got a new one. Do any of you use yours to buy on line from sites that you are not familiar with?|||Yes, it is safe if you follow the guidelines. VISA guarantees purchases under certain circumstances.|||Its pretty safe. But if you're still worried, why not get a gift card? You can load them up anywhere from $20-500. They don't have the fees that most "prepaid cards" like (greendot) seem to have.





Discover Card, Visa, Mastercard, American Express...all sell gift cards. Go to their websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment