Monday, December 12, 2011

How long can a company wait to send a debit card transaction through?

I used my debit card a month ago at a store, and it still hasn't come through on my account. How late can a company still send the transaction through?|||If it didn't go through, it didn't go through. I don't think there is a limit on the amount of time they have to charge you for something you bought if they didn't do it in the first place. Just stay quiet and you got it free until further notice, depending on your view of the ethics of doing that.|||Interesting. I just had the same thing happen. Went to buy a money order at Walmart. I slid my card through the POS and it said approved. The money order machine printed the form, but then jammed and froze. They gave me my money back in cash. The POS still is not deducted. How long do they have?

Report Abuse


|||They don't wait. It's a debit which means it gets deducted at the time of transaction. If you used your debit card as a credit, it should take no more than 3 days.


You need to call the bank and find out if maybe it didn't show up; or tell them the situation and they can look into it for you. If they don't know then you'll have to talk to the management/accounting of the store you used it at and tell them that it hasn't shown up, your bank has no idea, and you would like for them to check their records to find out if they have your account charged.|||Depend on your bank. But after a month I would be checking with your bank and see what happen to your debit card.


I know with mind it usually takes a day or two and not a month later.


talk with your bank now.

No comments:

Post a Comment